Starting with Android 2 (2009), I never had a non-rootable phone. I rooted all my android phones, sometimes to install or design Custom ROMs, sometimes just to get access to SuperSU. Current features on my droid :
- TWRP bootloader and ROM installer
- SuperSU for the juicy stuff 1
- The factory ROM without a google Account 2
- A custom iptables/netfilter firewall for the GAFAMs 3
- A chrooted debian installation on a separate ext4 sdcard partition 4
- No google services, no google play. No.
Briefly: This is not your average phone.